The exam 2021 will be an oral online exam! It will be carried out with the CS department’s BigBlueButton instance. The room will be the following: https://bbb.informatik.uni-bonn.de/b/m4r-vrx-d9v
To participate in the exam, you have to take care of the following prerequisites:
- You must have a webcam that is active while the exam is taking place and aligned such that you are visible.
- You must have a stable Internet connection. If the connection quality is not sufficient during the exam, we first try to fix the problem. If the problem is not fixable within a reasonable amount of time, the exam will be aborted and you will be allowed to retry the exam on another occasion.
- You must be alone in your room.
- Remove all items you do not need for the exam from your direct reach (e.g. from the desk you are using for the exam). This holds especially true for technical devices (Smartphones, …). We might ask you to show us the workspace in front of you or even your room (360 degrees).
- Have your Student ID and ID card or passport at hand. You will have to show these to us at the beginning of the exam.
- Neither you nor us are allowed to record the exam.
- Test your BigBlueButton setup by creating your own room and check the webcam and microphone before the exam begins.
- During the exam, we might ask you to draw something. You can either use a mouse, tablet or other technical BigBlueButton-compatible device of your choice. Make sure BigBlueButton supports your input device before the exam begins.
- Please make sure that you are in a good mental and physical condition. The duration of the exam will be max. 45 minutes.
If you try to cheat, the exam is over and will be graded as “not sufficient” (failed). Using devices other than the one needed for the video conference and possibly for drawing will be regarded as cheating.
If you cannot guarantee that you have a webcam, stable Internet connection and/or a quiet room please contact us at least 3 working days prior to the exam, we will then try to arrange a solution that permits you to still take the exam.
If you decide to not take part in the exam, please let us know at the latest the day before your scheduled date! Nevertheless, you may withdraw from the exam at any point until the oral exam has finished (the technical term from the examination regulations is “Rücktritt” or “Abbruch”, respectively). Also, if you fail the exam (we hope you don’t!), your attempts for this semester will be purged in BASIS.
If technical issues occur during the exam (i.e. your Internet connection fails) you can reach us via telephone using the following number +49 228 50212 543.
We will announce delays or other organizational remarks here: https://element.matrix.informatik.uni-bonn.de/#/room/#pabe-winter-2020-21:matrix.informatik.uni-bonn.de
Please use your GSG/CS credentials to login to the matrix server.
If you have questions please open a ticket at email@example.com